Welcome and greetings from the Belle River - Lake St. Clair Chapter. The Belle River Chapter is made up of many great families which all have one common goal that is the future of our musky fishing for the next generation of families. We have so many different members from Charter Captains to beginners, Bait makers to bait collectors (you need to see some of our boxes) from trolling to casting, we do cover a lot of different styles in this chapter.
Trolling being the main part of our fishing on LSC, it is amazing how much detail goes into understanding the things that make a great trolling day. This is not your sit back and eat a sandwich trolling, its non stop all day.
Casting has taken over many of us over the last 5 years and it shows with the number of big fish caught casting. Our young guns make up a large part of the casters but there are many of us older guys that love to get soaked on a boat side strike.
We have a great love for our sport and that is why we take the time to help others out who may not understand why we are so crazy about musky. We feel that if Muskies Canada members don't look out for our fishery then who will?
Our members have been known to take out first-time musky fishermen and show them a great multiple fish day.
Our Chapter has had the privilege of running the Kids fishing derby for many years during the sun splash weekend in Belle River. We usually have 200+ kids out for the morning of fishing.
We welcome anyone to come out and join us and see what we are all about in person. Our Monthly Meetings are held on the SECOND Friday of each Month at 7:00 pm. at the Royal Canadian Legion #399 in Belle River. Please feel free to come join us for a good night out and maybe learn a little about musky fishing.
Release Logs: With the presence of VHS (click here for more info)in LSC it has been even more of a necessity that Muskies Canada and the MNR keep track of the musky population and through the release log sheets, we have been doing this. John Baillargeon is our Chapter Release Log director and has been doing a great job over the years with taking all the info we give him and adding it to his computer and breaking down the results for easier reading for the MNR to help them better understand our musky population here on LSC. Membership: In the past few years we have added new members with some younger guys and their families it has been great to see the club grow with more involvement from our members. Thanks to all our members and their families for the support and enjoyment each one of us brings. We are always looking for new members so please feel welcome to join us for a meeting and see who we are. Leadership program: As with most of the chapters in Muskies Canada we feel it is our job to educate those new to the sport and to our chapter members. This is why we will take new members out fishing and help them to learn the proper ways to handle musky, from proper landing to hook removal right up to the correct ways to take the picture and let the big girl go in hopes of finding her again one day with a few more inches of growth. On behalf of Belle River Chapter of Muskies Canada --- THANK - YOU
Lake St Clair Information:
- Le Petit Dragon Motel, 165 First Street, Belle River 519-728-1147 (with-in walking distance to Belle River Mania)
- Various motels available in Windsor
- Belle River Yacht Club, http://www.belleriveryachtclub.com/ (docking and launching on Belle River)
- Mitchells Bay (Various types of accommodations, Aprox 45 mins from Belle River) http://mitchellsbay.com/
- Rochester Place RV, Belle River, http://www.belleriveryachtclub.com
- St. Clair Shores Campground, Stoney Point, http://lakecamp.mnsi.net/
- Bass Haven (home of the Same Forums & Fishing/hunting equipment) http://www.basshavencanada.com
- Mitchell’s Bay Marina Park, http://www.mitchellsbaymarinepark.com/index.html
- Belle River Marina http://www.lakeshore.ca/parks_and_rec/marinas.php
- Puce River Marina http://www.pucerivermarina.com/
- Lakeview Park Marina, City of Windsor (mouth of Detroit River & Lake St. Clair)http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Recreation/Lakeview-Park-Marina/Pages/Lakeview-Park-Marina.aspx
- Lake St. Clair http://www.marinecruiser.com/
- Satellite http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=e&page=1